Saturday, July 6, 2013

I will be their happy, mad, funny, hug-me-til-I-stop-crying, encouraging, always-there, always-listening, always-loving mom!

This week has been amazing. First, I only had school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Second, it was Independence Day which is one of my favorite holidays. Third, my in-laws came to visit.

1. I have been keeping a great countdown of the ending of this semester [my last]. There are officially only 17 days left and that is including the weekends! I feel so blessed to have made it this far, though student teaching scares the heck out of me. Can I really do what I have been studying for? It will take so much of my time (50 hours each week.) It is basically an unpaid internship and I even have to pay tuition for it. When I graduate I know I will have something to be proud of. It took so much time, money, effort, and endurance! Not to mention lost family time. After this, provided God and my will are aligned, I will not have to be away from my children again! I will be at the crossroads of their lives. I will be their happy, mad, funny, hug-me-til-I-stop-crying, encouraging, always-there, always-listening, always-loving mom. I will get to witness them growing up instead of relying on others to tell me. I know some moms have to be away, but that is not part of my plan or my happy. I feel that for me joy will only be able to be felt if I am in the home and making memories.

2. For the Fourth we went to the local parade in the morning and it was awesome watching Madeline laugh at the horses and clap to he music. I must say that my girl is getting some pretty good moves. She loves grooving but she only knows one move: bouncing up and down and waving her hands. She is my cutie pie. After the parade Marcus and I waited for our home to be filled with other Thackeray members. They came up for Anna's open house. We all went down to IF for the huge fireworks display, which was postponed an hour because two adults went for a swim in the snake river and one of them went missing. Whatever the circumstances, it was sad. Search and Rescue continued their search for hours and through the fireworks. They found the man at 1am, dead. It is unfortunate and sad. Rivers are not safe and especially not at night. Prayers of comfort go out to his family and friends. The fireworks display was amazing as usual. There were huge fireworks some of which sparkled like glitter nail polish in the sun. Those were my favorite.

3. It was nice having family over for a few days. I really do love my in-laws. I wish I could be with them and my family at the same time. I don't think that will ever happen unless Marcus and I plan something where both families can be present and it will probably be far in the future. One day.

4. Anna's open house was really nice. There was good food and company. It was easy going and the decorations were pretty; green and orange table clothes with flickering candles and round tables everywhere. We took pictures of ourselves in a the photobooth. Maddy had fun carrying around bache balls and rolling them down the grassy hill in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment