Saturday, July 9, 2011

End of the Semester

July 2011
This week we have been moving into our new house! It has been exciting! It is not OUR house, we are just renting it, BUT we are going to make it our own. We are sending paint samples to the owner to see if they will let us paint the walls and the kitchen cabinets. We want to replace the knobs/hardware, too. It will be nice. Right now it is a little....vintage...to put it nicely. We are excited to move into a bigger place though. Pictures to come!  


This last Monday was our very first 4th of July that we celebrated together. (Technically we celebrated last year, but we were on the road coming home from Colorado.)We went to Idaho Falls and watched the fireworks there, which happens to be the biggest firework show west of the Mississippi! We really enjoyed it. We made new friends and watched in awe how amazing and symbolic the fireworks were. They represent our country and our freedom, which we are very grateful for! 
 This is when we were finished with the parade in Rexburg and then we went to Idaho Falls.
 This is Marcus' forehead. I thought it was hilarious because it sort of looks like he is bald!
 This is Us before the fireworks went off. We were there for so long waiting and waiting. Marcus got goofy.
 These are our new friends Tami and Ryan.
 This is Marina and Dan. We have gotten to know them well this semester but they are moving to a different city. *tear*
 This is Megan and Mackay. They look so adorable together but I do not think they were married. They had no rings. But some people don't have rings.
 This is an aerial shot of the two of us. We look a little exhausted. It was the PERFECT naptime.
 This is Marcus' hand reaching for the sky. I thought it looked divine! Plus you can see he is married.
 These are some of the fireworks.



I feel like I have been taking tests nonstop for three weeks. Luckily there is only two more weeks left of school! Marcus has only been in there every other week. 

School is exhausting....and we are no where near done. Especially Marcus because he wants to go to grad school, and I want him to. It will open his horizons to more and better jobs. (He is a mechanical Engineering Major.) I, on the other hand, just want to settle down and be a mommy! 

Only time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. I like all your pictures and the font describing them.

    Also, I was in the Testing Center, like, 155 times last semester. And this semester I have only been in twice. It's been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! Only twice! Man, Well, at least I have a break next semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I'm happy for you guys! I love that you have music playing! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added my playlist to the gadget section. You make a playlist at Playlist.com and then copy and paste your playlist number (which I think is the last part of the url to your playlist) to the gadget section. I hope that was clear enough!

    ReplyDelete