Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flour chips

For dinner tonight:
We made chips out of flour, oil, and water and then we poured a can of chili over it followed by salsa and diced red onions. So delicious! Once one of us has a job in Rexburg we will be able to afford more varieties of food and perhaps I'll actually home-make more things. I want to be one of those wives that make the house smell like delicious food every single day! Food is comforting and so tasty! 

Church was great today. The high counsel member gave a great talk about how when we look at our children and later our grandchildren and they ask us "why do you love me?" we will be able to get a little glimpse of the great love that our Heavenly Father has for us. That great love comes from a father that wants his children to succeed. He is wonderful, and He loves us. He sent His son, which proves it. 

This is exciting news! I finally finished the journal I have been working on for a whole year! It has never taken me that long to finish a journal before, but this year has been very eventful--good times and bad (Mel got married, I got married, my friends Racheal and Caroline got married, my brother passed away, and school started). I didn't write everything down, but I got the important stuff. I will be starting a new one tomorrow. The funny thing about me and journals actually has to do with the pens I am writing with. I need to have a good connection with the pen in order to love what I am writing. Oh yeah! If the paper is a weird texture I don't really like it either...unless my pen is just that great. I need to go pen shopping. I haven't had a really great journal pen in a while...could be one of the reasons it has taken me so long to finish that journal.

So, that is all for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment