Wednesday, November 21, 2012

21 is a Special Day

Marcus and I will be married for 2 years exactly one month from today! I am so happy that we made it this far. In some ways it feels like it has been forever since we've been together and in other ways it seems like we met just yesterday. I still get those tingly giddy feelings when we hold hands and when we kiss. But we have deep conversations that you could only have with someone you know inside and out and that you know wouldn't judge you for thinking the things that enter your mind. I love my husband and he has been the biggest blessing in my entire life. I especially love it when he gets me a drink when I ask him to, or when he picks up my feet without me asking and starts rubbing. Wow. What a babe.
Two years ago we looked like this!

Last year we looked like this!

This year we looked like this! (Pic added 1/1/13) 
We have fallen madly and deeply in love with each other and that love continues to grow every day. We hate being apart. Next week Marcus will be going to DC for three days! I will be so lonely! I'll pack his bag so he remembers to bring his phone cord. I'll need to talk to him every night. He is going there to do his final technical interviews! After next week we'll find out if he gets the teaching Naval position! If not then next Fall Marcus will need to take an internship; we're going for Boeing or B/E Aerospace. It's crazy to think that the decision is next week! We've been talking about and working toward this for one year and it all comes down to next week! Holy smokes!

We got Maddy a SuperSaucer by Evenflo for Christmas. I couldn't stop myself from giving it to her early, and she LOVES it. I am hoping it will give her more strength in her legs and the confidence to stand without holding onto the couch. She was babbling on and on about her new toy. I felt amazing like one of those moms on those commercials where they get their children the perfect pair of shoes, and while this is not a pair of shoes, the effect is the same. VICTORY !

I want to plan a fabulous anniversary trip, but money is always an issue. This year we will be in Salt Lake City for Anna's wedding. She wants us to go to the rehearsal dinner, and we might...I haven't decided. Her wedding is the next day. Anyways, I think we will drop Maddy off with her grandparents and then we will have a romantic stay. I am excited to go to a Jacuzzi. Last year I was pretty pregnant so I couldn't relax in a spa. This year I am not prego and I can eat what I want and spend as much time in a spa as I want... though spas are generally out of season during the winter months unless they are indoors. We will see. I am just so excited!

This semester is almost over. Hallelujah! I am ready to be done with preschool. I am happy with what I have learned, and I am grateful that I have had the chance to go to school on my offtrack to stay closer to my graduation date (which was last Spring..) I am happy I will be this much closer to my degree. Winter Semester I am doing a full class load. Five classes with a total of fifteen credits. I hope I do well. Sometimes I feel like I am just barely hanging on, but looking at my grad plan really helps. I seriously am so close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment