Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"How are you doing today?" "Blessed."

Okay people, I am going to write a poem right now without planning it out. What I write is what is coming out of my mind. (You have been warned.)

The sky is blue
but my stomach is empty
and there is no food
at least sitting here
no matter or worries, I will be fine
school is over and I have "me" time.
My job starts tomorrow
I hope it goes well
I wonder when I will get my first pay check.

Did you like it?

So, I am excited for this semester to be over. I passed all my classes and got average grades--which I am okay with, but I wish I could just get straight A's for once. I got two A's and the rest B+'s. Do you know how frustrating a B+ is? It means you were this close. -sigh-

After the Fall semester I will be done with Foundation classes, which are just general ed courses that people need to get their Associates degree. I am going to work my butt off so I can get my Bachelor's. I need one in my back pocket. School is hard, but it might end up being worth it once I finally get to take classes that I am actually interested in; classes that actually have to do with my major! I am only taking one class this Fall, though, because it is my off-semester.

Marcus got straight A's. I am so proud of him. He is a brilliant and gifted man and he works really hard to get his grades. Plus, he really wants to get an academic scholarship which will pay for his tuition, but he will only get it if his Cumulative GPA is a certain number--I think like a 3.8 or something like that. We are hoping he gets it for the Fall. The past three semesters he has gotten 4.0's, but his very first semester, before his mission, he totally bombed so that will always count against him... he  replaced grades for four of the classes but not the fifth because the school only lets you replace four. So, he has a permanent D on his transcript. But after he has all these A's the D will hardly be noticed.

We are excited to be going on a small vacation in August to go back to Washington to visit with Marcus' family. I hope we get to go to the beach. I miss the beach. That's what happens when you were born and raised in California. We are also happy to not have to worry about anything during that week. It will be nice just to be with the family. It is nice to have parents because they will always take care of you. Kinda like our Heavenly Parents. Even though we can not see them or communicate with them the way we do with our Earthly parents, they still love as and still always provide for us. Exhibit A: my Kmart job experience--definitely a blessing from above. They love us and the proof is in the good people we meet and the little blessings granted to us--the sun, gravity, flowers, babies, animals, modern-day revelation, scriptures, families, smiles, laughs, delicious food...

We are blessed.

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Christiana,
    Reading about your school experiences makes me really miss school. I really want to start back again in school right after Lilly is born. I know it will be hectic, but I'll take a little less credits when I go back at a time. Maybe only 10. :-) Cute new profile!!! I love my new profile too! I think it's me. Right now I'm at Vonda's house by myself. Christopher is in Houston doing something for his work. Vonda went to Shauna's to get something that she left there and Papa Dan is out and about running errands and what not. The AC is not working at our apartment so we moved into Grandma Nila's across the walk-way from Vonda's (Christopher's mom). We're not worrying about telling them to fix it because we are moving. I'm also not going to really clean our apartment when we move because they are getting 1000 dollars to clean it themselves. It's my little way of rebelling it. haha. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And congrats on passing. I wish you with many happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley!
    Mel, school is good and I am glad that I get to learn lots of new things a majority of the year. However, I am ready for a break. I stopped school and went right to work and I just want a break. A real break; a vacation that lasts two weeks. Yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious food really IS a blessing. Except when it makes you sick. Sometimes delicious good does that to me.

    ReplyDelete