Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Angle

Marcus and I have a new angle at life in Rexburg. 

We want to become Apartment Complex Managers. 

Free Rent--YES.

However, we would have to do some sort of work. We are looking into it hardcore. I wouldn't mind learning new office and computer stuff because learning it now could help me in the future if we ever own a complex of our own, or if we have the opportunity to be renters of some sort. Who knows? Anyhoo, the benefits are great.

Currently there are two possibilities. Hopefully one of them works out. The first complex we only have to do yard work for all seasons of the year, and all we have to pay is utilities and the apartment is a two bedroom. The other complex is a full on office job with office hours and everything. The benefit: free rent and we still get paid and bonuses. But it is a Full time job! Am I up to it? Are we up to it? Heck, I guess we'll have to be if we want it! And we WANT it! How great would it be to have free rent and a totally stable sit-down-office-job? How great would it be if the complex was right next to campus? How great would it be if the apartment owners were sweet?

What a blessed life we live. 

My ultrasound on Monday went really well, but I wasn't as far along as they thought so they had to do a vaginal screening which is basically like a pap smear, that's how they compared it anyways. It was a little uncomfortable but we saw our baby and he/she moved and everything! We saw the heartbeat and right then I fell in love. Marcus was a little like "wow, you really do have a baby in there." He will fall in love when he feels the baby move himself and when he holds the baby and when he hears the baby giggle for the first time... -sigh- life is a roller coaster for sure but it is AMAZING. 

When the baby moved I felt like the spirit of that child was already there. I don't really know when the spirit meets the body, but I think it is early on... or maybe it's just that the spirit can come and go until a certain point and definitely not after birth, but there are those individuals who have been transfigured. So many questions and mysterious I won't know until I get twinkled. 

Oh yeah, the official due date is March 19-21! Those are special days. That is Racheal's mom's birthday (RIP) and the anniversary of David's death. It would be nice to have a reason to celebrate around that time of the year. 

That is what's new over here. I really want to know more information about my new niece Lilly, though!

Love,
The Thackeray's

6 comments:

  1. I would not want to work at a complex where I have to do yard work in the winter. It is just so stinking cold in Rexburg and that would be absolutely miserable for me. But a full-time office job might be nice. Have you actually applied to those complexes? Which are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for mentioning my mom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcus would be the one doing the yard work. haha. Yeah, he would love it too.

    We have applied to like three places and then we left our resumes with the housing office and Rexburg Housing. We don't really want an extremely large complex because that would be daunting, but something midsized. Also, we were thinking that it would help with getting a management position somewhere else, like in the Stanford area when we move over there. Housing there is super expensive, so being able to be managers there might mean that we have reduced rent. Right now we're used to paying like 600/mo but in the Bay area it is double that for a still less-than-perfect apartment. -sigh- Oh California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siste!!! The prophet has said that the spirit enters the body at conception1! I love you and I'm so glad you get to experience the joy of having a child inside of you. I have also been meaning to ask, would you like me to be there when you give birth???!!!! I mean like in the room?? helping you get through it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that I have seen that in any official statements, if you could find me one that would be wonderful, sister. :)
    You are welcome to be here if you can! That'd be awesome. I know mom and my mother-in-law are planning to be here. Maybe you can too. I just don't know where everyone will stay! haha. We only have one extra room... I want you to be here though. But if we're deciding between seeing you for Christmas or the birth, I'd rather see you for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete