Friday, September 2, 2011

Sweater Weather

As of yesterday sweater weather is here in Idaho! This is only my absolute favorite time of the year, and it has been that way since I was about thirteen. I think that is when I started realizing the beautiful warm colors and the contrasting cool breeze, not to mention the wonderful aromas the season creates like cinnamon, rain, wet dirt, and hot apple cider. It is the season where the sun is still shining, but the air is fresh and chill. 

Sweater weather reminds me of when I so deeply wanted someone to share my life with, and that feeling of "not yet...but soon." That seems like so long ago now. I would walk around the dirt roads of Frazier Park looking at the beautiful Quaker Trees changing from green to yellow and orange; smelling the folks lighting their fireplaces. You could get lost in meditation in those mountains admiring nature's beauty and feeling so tiny but not worrying that you're really nothing at all. After all, if we're all really nothing at all then we can become something great together.

This time around I do have someone to share time with--my husband. We will drink lots of hot chocolate and snuggle together when it gets cold at night. In the future, we'll have a fireplace of our own, and maybe I'll learn how to crochet some scarves.

A little bit what Frazier Park looks like in Autumn. It is beautiful. 

3 comments:

  1. The picture didn't work, by the way.

    Also, I absolutely love fall, too. I love when the stores start having the Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff. It really makes me want a warm, comfortable house and a couple of kids to feed pumpkin bread to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind, the picture totally worked. It didn't load the first time I looked at the entry. Don't mind me.

    ReplyDelete