Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation

Dear friends,

We finally parted ways with Rexburg for our little vacation. The drive was less than fun, but there were great things about it. For instance: We stopped in Utah for a cousin's wedding reception and it was probably the fanciest reception I have been to, and I was especially grateful for the cake. I have never really appreciated cake until the reception. It was a delicious lemon cake that was SUPER moist. So moist and so soft. My eyes were literally watering with every bite.

Marcus' family on his mom's side is uber rich. They all married doctors or entrepreneurs and you can tell by their luxurious houses. I should have taken pictures. I will never live in a million dollar home, but I will at least visit them now and again. The houses were all at least three stories. If anyone has ever been to Alpine/Pleasantgrove, UT (the rich side) that is where they live and that is what their beautiful homes look like.
This looks like Aunt Cheryl and Uncle William's house. Isn't it beautiful?
I was happy to stay in this home because it had a lot of qualities that I want in my future home. I love the color, the shape, the hard wood flooring inside. One day we will have a beautiful home that our children will remember as theirs and ours. But for now, Rexburg apartments and little houses are the way to go. Two more years and we'll be done. 

Right now Marcus and I are back in Washington at his parents'. I do not actually know our plans, but it is nice to be away from Rexburg and work. 

Here's a question: Is not liking my job the same as not being grateful? I am grateful I can work and get money one way, but at the same time I really don't like working at Kmart. I feel like complaining is one form of ungratefulness. UGH. Bare with me. Kmart is not what I am used to. I mostly liked my job at Ross because it was clean and organized. (Imagine and new Ross that is huge and has a place for everything.) Kmart is not like that. There are things that need to be changed in that store organization wise. 

Enough of that. 

I have good news to tell but not until the end of the week. Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I had the same predicament about work when I worked at In N Out. I liked getting my pay check and the free burgers, but gosh. Some days were just so mundane and boring. So I don't know. I guess jobs like that are meant to remind you to work hard and go to school so that you DON'T have to do something like that for the rest of your life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Racheal. And maybe focusing on things you do like will help or things that make you laugh. Like when I worked at Arby's, I HATED getting up so early... but, people always cracked me up in the morning because they would always forget their wallets. And they'd always just be out of it. haha, Just thinking about it still cracks me up. I'm sure funny things happen at kmart and it might be a little entertaining looking for them. I'm not saying that fixed it (I did quit) it just made it more bearable while i was there.

    ReplyDelete