Sunday, May 13, 2012

The best hairstyle website, AND Maddy is so cute :)

My first attempt
I found the most excellent website for hairstyles! It has tutorials and descriptions on countless hairstyles! Click Here! for the link! :) I am trying to teach myself how to do the Katniss Braid (Katniss' hairstyle from The Hunger Games movie.) I LOVE it, but I am still trying to figure out how to make it look more like it sits on top of my head rather than a regular french braid.

I think it looks decent :)
Madeline is starting to get on a routine. My sister Alicia got a book for me called the Baby Whisperer. In this book, it talks about getting your baby on a normal routine; not necessarily a schedule. It goes like this: just remember EASY--Eat, Activity, Sleep, and You time. There is a four hour routine, or a three hour routine for babies 6 weeks to four months. Anyways, you just need to stick to the basic routine, and if it fluctuates from time to time it is alright. Just remember when she wakes up, feed her (if she seems hungry) and then don't let her fall straight to sleep. Change her diaper and play with her. Then after about half an hour or an hour she can fall to sleep. This way she won't connect food to sleep. Does that make sense? The book makes it sound a lot better. Anyways, ever since we've been on the routine, Maddy has slept from about 11pm to 4-or-5am That is the most sleep I've had in one night in a long time! If she wakes up in the middle of the night, just give her a bottle and let her fall straight to sleep. For Maddy that is usually at four in the morning. She likes to wake up at four though, so I am trying to train her just to fall back asleep because I am not ready to wake up at that time. It wil take a little longer to establish this routine, but Maddy is a good baby. We are just so in love. :)
Look how cute he is getting!














No comments:

Post a Comment