Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hanging Out With Big Sis


This was the first time that Alicia, Marcus, Me AND Chris (Alicia’s husband) have gotten together. One day Marcus and I brought Maddy over to Alicia’s to play with Emma at the pool. Maddy is still unsure about pools, but Emma LOVES them! I worked on my “tan” which is actually me working off the complete translucent white I have become here in Idaho. My arms are about four shades darker than they were a month ago in Idaho.




Marcus had to swim some laps so he could count this as his exercise for the day. Emma, our niece, was so intrigued. 



After the pool we met up with my parents for lunch at Olive Garden. It was delicious, as expected. I love being with my family. The only thing that seems to be different is my Dad. He seems so tired and…I think the right word is sad. He misses David. We all miss him. But he seems so damaged now. He knows that everything is well with God, and that it is in His hands. I think the hard part is not knowing if David made enough progress while he was here. I hope my dad finds peace. I really do.


We went to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time together. Alicia and Chris came too! We had the most fun on Tatsu. It’s a roller coaster that swings you so you’re resting on your front side in a harness and it feels like you’re flying! The other rides were fun too, of course. 










We were tired and left around 5pm. I feel like we are getting old! We had fun. Roller Coasters are so exhilarating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment