Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lately

A few things:

1. We had our first ever official yard sale today. It was fun! Our whole complex participated and there was a great turn out from the community. We sold our Wii which my mother got us when we first got married. We loved it, but we just don't use it enough to keep it. We don't have time! Most of our time is spent doing homework, sleeping, and taking care of Madeline. We thought we should sell it while it still was worth a good bill. We got $100 for the whole package deal--I wish we had gotten a little more, but I think it was still a good sale.


2. After we were done with our yard sale I dropped Maddy and Marcus off at home and went Yard Sale hopping. I found three pieces of furniture at three different yard sales! We got an entry table for $20, a futon for $15, and a pink princess toddler bed for $25! I think we spent our money well. The futon will go in our guest bedroom/office where Brian and George will be staying over the 7 week break. One of them will sleep on the futon and the other will probably sleep on an air mattress unless they want to sleep on the couch. I was really excited for the futon because it was such a good deal and we can now have guests sleep in a more proper sleeping arrangement.




3. The toddler bed I just mentioned was a huge hit with Madeline. She climbed right in when we brought it into her room. And then when it was time for her nap we said "bed" as we usually do and handed her her bottle of milk and she walked into her room and went straight to the toddler bed passing the crib. I was so pleased! Now we just need to get rid of the crib!

4. Sampson peed inside for the first time. He knew he was in trouble. We got some carpet cleaner to remove the odor, and hopefully there will not be another incident. He is funny when he knows he did something bad because he will get these really sad eyes and then look down at the ground. We still have to discipline him though. He is getting the hang of us being his parents. He finds Maddy super annoying at times though. He sometimes hides from her because all she wants to do is give him hugs and kisses, but occasionally she will pull his tail and ears.

5. I have a new show that I watch. It is a mix between X-files and Alias. It is called Fringe. Marcus is getting annoyed by it, but I can't stop watching. I just want Peter to be everything. It's confusing. The show has the same kind of weird science that Alias has toward the later seasons and the same exact feel as X-files. (Racheal, you would like it).

6. I finally got visit taught! It's been about a year... One of the ladies, Stephanie, had twins last month, and she brought one of them with her. I couldn't tell what Maddy thought of her, but it was like she knew that there was a very special person there. She was very interested. I told her to be soft and she poked the baby with one finger. She then started to try and climb into the baby's car seat (her mother was holding her so don't worry). I don't know why she did that because she has never done it before. But she is such a cutie. I love being her mom.

7. There is only 24 days left until the end of my last semester!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love good deals, being happy, and being visit taught. So, SO glad you guys are doing well! We wish we were in Rexburg this summer! Good luck with the end of the semester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, thanks! I know you guys are enjoying your travels. Where are you going to settle down? And, thanks for reading :D

    ReplyDelete