Saturday, March 7, 2015

Allergies, Bowling, and Cute Girls.

1. After every storm I get an allergy attack. It is terrible, but now that I've caught on to the rhythm that my body and mother nature roll to, I will just take my meds the night of a storm.

2. We went bowling as a family today. It was wonderful! We only ever play one game because when you have a three year old and a great big world nothing entertains for long. I broke 100 which is a huge deal for me. The little family we were playing next to were really good, but the man was super passionate and intense. The little girl said she wasn't having fun and he grabbed her and got in her face and said "if you try it would be fun." It was mean in my opinion and she, as a 7-year-old, had already broken 100. I am glad I know it is just a game. Maddy was having fun and so were we.



3. Monday was Madeline's third birthday. She is my best friend. I am still her mom and I set the boundaries, but we are very close and we snuggle on and off all day long.


4. I have a goal to lose 30 pounds by September, but it seems more difficult than I had hoped. I have only lost five pounds and it looks like I have already plateaued. Marcus and I are doing only salads next week. It is a trial run. But I know if you only eat vegies the pounds will shed off. I want it to be the push my body needs. Plus, we got an exercise bike and it should arrive next week sometime. Here's to health!

5. Here's a cute video of my girls:   

6. We decorated Madeline's room (which will soon be the girl's shared room when my sister in law gets here in the summer) for her birthday. It has everything she loves (minus dogs). Here are some pictures: 
These butterflies were easy but time consuming. It only cost $1 for the poster board and we used tape and crayons to make the pops of color. So easy and such a great effect. 


Marcus made the bed. I am proud of him and so is he :) 






7. I want to make plans for a vacation. I am getting bored from the day-to-day things we do. It's time. We've been here long enough that I feel comfortable with a weekend trip. We will see! If you have any ideas, let me know! I want it to be relatively cheap, but still fun for the whole family.

That's everything up to date. We are happy and everything is good for the most part. <3 nbsp="" p="">

3 comments:

  1. Myrtle Beach or Columbia Zoo are always great!!! Madeline's room is so super cute! You both did a great job on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love veggies (we're vegetarians!) I would love to swap veggie recipes! -Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrtle beach was something I have been thinking about so perhaps that is where we will plan! Woo! Blythe, as of now all I do is throw random stuff in a salad! I found a delicious-looking southwestern salad recipe that I can share on your fb page!

    ReplyDelete