Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We Wish You a Merry Christmas


Before Christmas we got some family pictures taken by our friend Sabrina. I took the solo shots of Maddy and edited all of the photos myself. It was a sinch with the website picmonkey.com. Maddy was a good sport and she was so excited about her Christmas dress! 






Christmas with the in-laws. Well, does that speak for itself? I love my in-laws, but celebrating Christmas with them is different than with my side of the family. It was equally enjoyable, but for some reason I was just super emotional and weird. I missed my family so much. It was my very first Christmas away from home. Difficult. BUT, I did get to make my mom's eggnog. YUM! Such a hit! And it made me feel more "at home." My favorite thing about the cabin had to be exclusive access to the hot tub! I definitely got my use out of that thing! Marcus and I went every night for a week, except for one night when Marcus was sick.

This year for Christmas we went to a cabin in Island Park, ID. My in-laws rented two snow mobiles and Marcus and I had a romantic ride with just the two of us. I drove for part of the ride, and apparently Marcus was terrified. I pinky promise that I wasn't that bad. A couple of times I turned pretty sharply, but it was all in good fun! I felt like Marcus should have gone faster. Anyhoo, I think driving on the fresh powder is more fun than driving on the packed in stuff, but I heard it was more dangerous. We were fine though. And it was FUN.



On Christmas Eve we did the nativity scene, and at first it seemed ridiculous to act it out since we are mostly all adults. But when we started talking about Mary and her new baby (I acting Mary's part, and Maddy acting Jesus' part) I got super emotional and I had to hold back tears. I felt God's love for his daughter, Mary, so much. He chose her to bare his Son and our Redeemer. She had that awesome task of raising a perfect being. And she had to witness his painful crusifixtion. She loved him just as I love Maddy, and she was perfect for Him on this Earth. Feeling the true meaning of Christmas on Christmas Eve was the feeling I had been waiting for all December. I love my Savior, and I am grateful for his sacrifice so that I may live again with m Heavenly Father in His Kingdom, and be with my loved ones, especially Marcus, forever.

Marcus' family, like mine, lines up from youngest to oldest on Christmas morning.
William, Sarah, Camron, (Where Anna would be), Me, George, Marcus, Brian, and Mom.
Gifts were great, and everyone had so much fun opening and unwrapping. My favorite part of the day was Maddy unwrapping her present! 
When she gets really excited about things she screams and cheers and waves her hands and hits. She just can't contain herself! She absolutely loved the Disney Princess Push Toy. I hope she starts using it to help her walk... what are my chances of that happening?

Merry Christmas to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment