Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And a Happy New Year!

New Years. NEW YEARS. Welcome 2013! Some resolutions are in order!

I have four goals in mind for the new year:

  1. Exercise twice a week.
  2. Finish/pass all of my classes and state exams before student teaching. 
  3. Get pregnant sometime during the fall semester. 
  4. Fill a jar full with notes of good things that happened throughout the year. 
I just got some workout DVD's that I plan on using every day, but it will most likely only happen twice a week. Next semester is my last big semester before I student teach (Winter '14), and working out every day is not really in the cards since I will be taking six classes, plus I have a husband and daughter that will need my lovin' and attention.

In April I am scheduled to take two really huge state exams called the PRAXIS. These tests determine if I am qualified to student teach, and--even more importantly--to get my degree. It has been a long time coming. I have been working towards a degree for 5 years (from June 2008-Jan. 2013)! What? It's supposed to be a four-year degree. Most people who do graduate in four years don't also get married and have a baby though. I have a couple of good reasons why I haven't been able to graduate. April '14 I will be graduated and ready to take on...full-time motherhood! Which I am so excited about.

Eventually Marcus and I will have a baby number two. Maddy will be a big sister. As I was watching her earlier today I realized I had so much love for her and the love started to come out in the form of tears. How can I love another child as much as I love Madeline? She is my joy. She is learning so much and so fast! I swear she will be walking before the end of the month. Anyways, another baby seems like a good idea. Plus, lately I have been feeling a little baby-sick. Maddy is still a baby, but she isn't a newborn anymore! Wow. That happened fast!

The jar I want will look like this (with a little more pizzazz and personality):



I am excited to read it next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment