Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Old" and Married, but Where Did Our Friends Go?

I guess Marcus and I are officially the "old married couple" that no one wants to hang out with. We went to a friend's farewell party, and we asked some of our friends to come over after they were done hanging out since most of the other people we didn't know, and Maddy needed to take a much-needed nap. Three hours later and I know they are playing games with each other but not me and Marcus who are at home. I am so sad. I still feel like the fun-happy-go-getter single girl that I was...and I think I am (minus the single), but what changed? I don't understand. Can't I easily go from fun-happy-go-getter single girl to the fun-happy-go-getter married girl? *sigh*

I need to get out of Rexburg... then I'll have friends in all stages of life that want to spend time with me regardless of my stage of life. I wouldn't change my life for anything. I love my husband, and I love my daughter. I am grateful for my husband's job, and that we can go to this awesome University. I just wish my friends still liked hanging out with me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Let me know when you are in Cali and Chris and I will hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a really hard time with that, too. I still love hanging out with you. I am sure you will meet some buddies out here. I imagine you will be living near a lot of young military mothers in your ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Too bad I can't just keep you in my pocket and take you out when I need you!

    ReplyDelete