Tuesday, January 21, 2014

7 Things For Today

What is there to talk about?

1. I had Monday off because of the holiday (MLK/Humanitarian Day). It was a great extra day where I did absolutely nothing except grocery shop and take a nap. 

2. I thought this was funny especially since for this pregnancy I am peeing SO much and all the time:

3. Our gender reveal party was on Saturday. We are having another little girl. I am excited to have two daughters close in age. The party was fun and pretty laid back. We had a little voting booth and a light lunch. Marcus and I made this oreo ice cream cake and it was divine. 

4. Madeline never says "yes." Only "no." I  struggling not being annoyed and angry at her. But she knows how to say "yes" and that they mean different things...I think the terrible-two's are beginning. I love her to the end and back. 

5. I crave steak all the time, and so we made steak for dinner tonight with a cucumber salad which I created using 2 cucumbers, one big tomato, red onion, dill, a small thing of sour cream, salt, and pepper. It was so yummy. 

6. Oh, yeah. Before I forget, I had my friend Sabrina make Marcus a cherry cream cheese pie honoring his "forgotten" birthday. Everyone sang happy birthday to him at the Gender Reveal and he was very surprised. It was great! I am glad she was able to make it for me so that Marcus could be surprised and feel loved. 

7. We went and saw Jack Ryan at the movies on Friday. It was the first real date Marcus and I have been on since our anniversary. It is a cool army-meets-CIA spy movie. I give it an 8, although there was one waaay too graphic scene where Jack kills a guy (in self-defense) by drowning him and you see the guy die in his hands. In my opinion, they should have left that out unless it was R-rated, and there was a very quiet f-bomb which I heard only because I have sensitive ears. Keira Knightley is in this movie and I do not like her acting, but she actually did pretty good in this movie and she even had to have an American accent. She also has toned up all her muscles ad while she is still flat-chested she just seems fit and not boyish...if that makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment