Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Resolutions and my 2013 Reading List

I had to read about 64 books for my children's literature class this year. Half of those were picture books and the rest fall into 5 other genres: traditional fantasy, modern fantasy, realistic fiction/humor/mystery-suspense/biography, adventure/historical fiction, and informational. Here are my favorites:



I will just write about my all-time favorite read this year which was The Witch of Blackbird Pond. This book was so good because it had a little romance, a little adventure, and tons of character growth. I loved the ending and even got teary-eyed. My husband also enjoyed it (I read most of it out loud on a trip to UT). If you only read one book from list, please choose this one.

A close second for me was The View From the Cherry Tree. This was a young adult murder mystery book. I had no idea when I began reading it that it would become a murder mystery. It was pretty awesome and you should definitely read this book next. 

I also thought since it is the new year I would post about my/our New Year's Resolutions:


No comments:

Post a Comment