Thursday, January 9, 2014

Good Things About Student Teaching

Let me tell you how student teaching is going:

I find myself hoping for a snow day. That is NOT because I don't like what I'm doing when I get there or who I am working with. The truth is--I'm tired. I've been going to school for six long years for my bachelor's degree, and I'm cooking baby numero dos while trying to satisfy my family life and my education. I am tired. I am also sick. I think next week when my body is more back to normal I will feel better about student teaching.

The cute things:

1. I work with some of the cutest children. I cannot name names, but just know that they are cute. For instance, I was introducing myself to a couple of my new students (to them I was the new one not the other way around) and I mentioned that I am pregnant with my second child. One of the children looked at my belly--poking out from under the table a little bit--and said, "I can see that!" with a little smile on his face. I'm glad I was actually pregnant because if I hadn't been I think these children would be a little too honest.

2. While walking to get some water one child grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go.

3. During lunch, "I need my pickles. I LOVE pickles! Yummmy" It was hoagie day and the child scampered as quickly as he could with his food trey in hand while not actually running since running inside is, as usual, not allowed.

Good things:

1. I like the teachers I eat lunch with. They are hilarious and intelligent and fun. They seem to like the same things I like, too.

2. Today one teacher had a birthday and she made french dip sandwiches and other stuff for all the staff. I feel like we should have made HER lunch.

3. The school lunches only cost $3.25 for adults. AWESOME. Except apparently burrito day needs to be retired because it's just refried beans in a tortilla which the teachers deem nasty. I believe them.

There you have it. I am not having a terrible experience. The only terrible thing is my sickness. In time, I will be back to normal. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment