Friday, March 14, 2014

Rediscovering Music

Sometimes it is good to be trapped in bed because then I get to catch up on things that I have been missing out on since being so crazy busy with school, family, church...mostly school.

Music and books.

I haven't had time for recreational music-listening or reading, and now...time's all I have. Marcus is going to the library to check me out some books to read this coming week. I will talk about those after I read them. For now, I am just going to mention songs that I really like and have barely heard, but kinda sorta love! (Disclaimer, I only listen to edited versions of songs.)


  • Wake Me Up by Avicii--Dance and Road trip song
  • Ho Hey by The Lumineers--Road Trip song
  • I Love It by Icona Pop--great fun break up song...not that I am breaking up with anyone ever. 
  • Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift--thinking song
  • Sure Be Cool if You Did by Blake Shelton--slow but super cute. 
  • I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes--fun cute love song that describes me and Marcus :D (and probably you and your special someone if you have one) Also some people think that love is this super epiphany-like thing...sometimes it's just love. There are days you feel like you're on some kind of high and there are days where a peck on the lips is good enough. 
  • Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk --knowing that love takes work and being strong enough to do the work.
  • Cups by (many artists) Anna Kendrick--simple and easy to listen to.
  • Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth--kinda reminds me that there is more to me than supposed beauty or uglyness; we are all people underneath the outer shells. 
  • Some Nights by fun--So fun! Road trip and dance song
  • Still Into You by Paramore--Again...like me and Marcus though we have many more years to make people wonder how we are together..how we make things work. 
So, which songs would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment