Thursday, March 20, 2014

What They Want You To Think Bed Rest Looks Like, and What It Really Looks Like




This is how it feels when they first tell you that you need to be on bed rest:
And I don't even like basketball. -sigh-

Bath-time has become a bit of a sanctuary for me. It's the only time of the day for a length of time that I am not laying in bed. Instead I am laying in a vat of water. It feels nice to be "weightless." After my bath I feel like my body is renewed for another day. Marcus wonders why I take them so often lately. This is why.
This is how it is minus the bathing suit and there are usually some bubbles. It is so nice.
 These are some nice beautiful pictures of what people want you to think bed rest is like:

This would never happen because you can't get out of bed to do your hair in perfect curls. I wish. 
No one looks this good or is this happy to just sit there. 
This is a nice idea. If I knew how to knit I would. Maybe. But how much knitting can one actually handle?

No one actually sleeps while on bed rest...and no one smiles when they sleep. That is just creepy. 
What bed rest is ACTUALLY like:
Lots of headaches from a change in lifestyle and added medicines. 
Boredom.

Lots of T.V.

Lack of hair style and makeup and lots of crying; crying because you're bored, crying because you want the baby to be healthy and strong, crying because no one is there, crying because you miss the world outside the walls of your room and bathroom, etc. 

All of those things are worth bringing a new soul and spirit into our family. I love this tiny girl and I am grateful to be able to focus on her little (sometimes big) kicks. It is the only thing that really makes this bearable; knowing that I am doing this because I am creating a person.

My mom told me something that helps take the guilt away from having Marcus take on all other responsibilities. We are partners and we decided to do this together; to make a family together. Some men have to do more work to get children into this world than others. Marcus just happens to be one of the lucky ones. I can see that he is slowly losing it though. He takes care of Madeline and me 24/7. We call on him for everything. I wish we could trade places. I do. He doesn't blame me, he just thinks the situation sucks. You know, it does. But we will make it. One more month (plus a little). But, they might move me to the hospital next week. It depends on my fluid and dilating status. If my water breaks, which it can any time, I will definitely be going to the hospital. I don't mind hospitals, and we have insurance. 

I do realize that I am blessed immensely in my life still. I have a wonderful ward and people who volunteer to help out; specifically my visiting teacher and friend--Lauren. She watches Maddy and is pretty much on call whenever I need something. She is an angel. And then there is the woman and friend I visit teach--Kristin. She texts me to make sure I am good and to see if the relief society needs to do anything for me. The Relief Society is definitely an amazing and inspired program. I am sure Emma Smith would be proud to see how far it has come because it truly helps women to touch the lives of those in their immediate areas, and sometimes across the world if it is the right kind of service project. I am glad to be part of the Relief Society.

My family has also been super supportive. Mom sent me two cute nightgowns so I could feel pretty. Alicia is sending my some makeup which I can't wait to try out. Melanie calls me on Skype. So blessed. 

So, if you're wondering how I am doing just refer back to what bed rest actually looks like. That is the honest truth. Sometimes good things happen like Marcus surprises me with a big bag of Lays Potato Chips and freshly made ranch dip; that makes me joyous. I know I can handle this. 

Love,
Christiana

2 comments:

  1. You CAN do it!! You are so awesome :) Good to know you are being taken care of. Hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely do it! I haven't experienced it myself, but I can understand your frustration and boredom. We've been praying for you every night: that the baby will stay in place and that you won't be bored. I hope our prayers are working, at least a tiny bit. : )

    ReplyDelete