Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baby Shower! and After Party.

This is me winning the 99 bomb minesweeper.
The last couple of weeks have been really difficult for me. My daughter decided she wanted to come early; February 14th, actually. The doctors were able to stop labor and since then I have been on bed rest. Bed rest seems like it would be awesome because you have permission to be lazy...but I am still a full time student and I am having a hard time keeping up with my classes. I need to do well. I am tired and my teachers say to just keep taking care of the baby by staying in bed, but it is frustrating because at the same time they are saying this I am falling further behind in class and it is hard for me to handle. I just don't know what to do. I heard a quote the other day, "to blessed to be stressed." I am trying to think like that, but I feel so stressed. So, how do I handle this?
I just can't wait to see my baby. I can feel every little movement she makes. I think that sometimes it makes my Marcus a little jealous, but he will get to hold her soon. He thinks she will be born on Monday. It could happen. I want it to happen. My guess is March 9th.
Me studying.
My awesome best friends Racheal, Meeshell, and Stephanie threw me a baby shower yesterday. I snuck out of my house and off of my bed to attend. I thought it was only one day of the week, and if she comes, she comes! I had so much fun. I was tired the whole time though. I haven't been moving around much and my body is just exhausted. They decorated the lounge so cute!
The awesome decorations! Isn't the balloon cluster neat?

Some of the party guests: Stacie, Stephanie, Carlie, Summer, and Daniella.

This is me and my baby tummy. Soon I will have a baby and not a baby tummy.

This was a game where the girls cut lengths of yarn to see if they could eye how big my stomach was. 

Stephanie won so she got a beautiful blonde hairpiece as a prize.

This was another game where the girls placed paper binkis on the baby. Stephanie Leigh won this round! She got it right on the lips!


These are the cute cupcakes that Racheal made! They were delicious and just the perfect small bite!

This was another game where the girls had to guess which candy bar was which. It's called the poop game. Sounds gross and I'm sure some girls thought that it was, but I just thought it was funny. I hope I don't have to deal with baby poop that looks like this, though. 




These were some of the gifts I got. In all the other pictures I was blinking and I looked awful, so this is the only gift picture you get to see. Aren't the outfits so cute? When I opened the first gift I started to cry. It just really hit me that I am going to be a mom!

This was the "after party" and I LOVE this photo.
My stomach kinda looks like it is fake, but it is totally real!
This is the group picture with all the girls that came. I think we all enjoyed ourselves.
This was another prize; hot pink gloves. Andrea is such a great model!



 After the baby shower Marcus came to the lounge with Jacob and Paul. We played Mafia for a couple of hours and talked about a lot of great things. We discovered that we can no longer play as a group because we all know each other too well, and it turns out that we end up doing the same techniques. It's funny. The men also got into a religious debate. It wasn't contentious, just very philosophical. They are all very intellectual thinkers and sometimes they need to get into deep discussions in order to work things out in their own minds and to affirm what they do know.
Racheal and Jacob. So happy. 

My handsome hubby. 

Jacob being silly. 

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! That was so much fun! Also, I hope you baby comes this week before I leave. <3 I love you Christiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!! I hope your little girl is doing ok, she's such a lucky girl, to have a beautiful mommy who loves her :) I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete