Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fisher and Paykel Rant! Can I Get an Amen?

Dear Audience.

I would like those of you who read to comment more on my posts. My last two posts have had zero comments. I am going to be honest as I always am, I am not feeling the love. :(

We are moving to the University Village, like I mentioned in my last post, in September. It has washer and dryer hookups, so I have been doing research on washer and dryers. I really want a top-loading dryer because it would save me pain in the back, literally. There is only one company that makes top-loading dryers: Fisher Paykel. The very disappointing thing is that they are pretty expensive and have terrible reviews. I read 25 of them, and out of those there were only 4 that had positive feedback. It's like everyone is wishing for a great reliable dryer that saves them back pain. Here's my question: Why aren't more companies paying into this fabulous idea? No one wants to bend over to get the clothes out of the dryer, and then have some of their clothes drop on the ground as mine have done EVERY time I do a load of laundry. No one I know anyway. If dryers were top-loading we could take the clothes easily out of the dryer one-by-one and fold them and place them nicely on top of the washer. Easy-peasy. I want to write letters to GE, Whirpool, and Kenmore. I want them to understand that some people do not like to squat, and others cannot afford to purchase the drawers that go under front loading washer and dryer sets to make them taller. Front loading sets SUCK. But let me tell you how I really feel. haha. Let's fix this problem appliance companies! Save my back. Make the monopoly that Fisher Pakel has on top-loading dryers non-existent! Can I get an amen?!

Moving on.

I got Maddy's pictures done last weekend, and she looks like a vintage baby doll, don't ya think?






I love my little girl. Which is your favorite photo of her? I can't decide. Please let me know. She is being a crazy eater lately. Yesterday she ate 9oz in one feeding. She is definitely going through a growth spurt. I wish that meant she slept past 5am, but it doesn't. She still only sleeps from about 10pm to 5am. I can live with that much sleep, but the day when I get to sleep a full 8 hours in one shot will be amazing!
Here is some great news. Marcus' recruiter for the Collegiate Navy Program took us out to dinner the other night. I asked him a few questions like: Do you think my husband will be able to get past the interviews and make it into the program? His answer was, "It depends on if he is able to simplify the information to teach to 18-year-olds." And now may I say what a blessing it is that Marcus has been tutoring Mechanical Engineering for the last three semesters! Heavenly Father knew that this would be great practice for Marcus when he seeks a career. I am just so astounded at the details Heavenly Father can see ahead of time. We needed Marcus to get that tutoring job when he did so that we could live, but it has been a double blessing because it has enabled Marcus to develop necessary teaching skills, as well as developing the information of the classes (calculus, physics, dynamics etc.) into rote memory. We have been blessed as we have been over and over again.

If you think for a minute that there isn't someone watching out for you, you are WRONG. Someone, God, always has your back, and He knows what needs to take place in your life even when you don't. Trust that everything will work out. The dots will connect themselves.

I have been working my butt off in my class. I get frustrated from time-to-time because sometimes I feel that people are not being professional. I sometimes get off topic in conversations which can be deemed as unprofessional, but at least what I have to say is relevant to the children in our class. It just makes me a little upset when people assume that they are right...and then I don't have the nerve to say anything about how I feel. And that is why a blog/journal is necessary.

I hit the jackpot of sales today. There is a secondhand store called Mommy and Me here in my town, and it has new and used motherhood clothes as well as infant/toddler clothes/accessories. It was their $0.25 sale day today. Everything in the yard was only a quarter! I got a whole bunch of clothes for Maddy and my soon-to-be new nephew Zack. I also got a dress and a skirt for my almost-three-year-old niece, Emma. The whole bag with 18 items was only $4.77! WOW!

2 comments:

  1. Since we got the new manager here, NO ONE sweeps the floors in the laundry room. It is DISGUSTING. There are only front-loading washers in there, so I always drop stuff on the floor and it is so gross. I hate it. I don't mind front-loading washers/dryers normally, but gosh, do I get mad when I do laundry here. It's the manager's job to keep the complex clean! Sweep the laundry room!

    I also haven't been feeling the comment love lately. I think people are reading my posts, but I really have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine the nasty grime on the floors. YUCK. And I'm just tired of bending over so many times to get the laundry done. I'm trying to convince Marcus to invent one. It's my million dollar idea.

    ReplyDelete