Thursday, October 11, 2012

Being a Parent


I found some questions on the net that I wanted to answer. 

  • When did you first find out that you’d be a parent? How did you feel?
    • June 2011. I was excited and it was crazy to think that there was actually something alive inside of me. 
  • Can you describe the moment when you saw your child for the first time?
    • I thought, "I did it! That is the hardest thing I have done and I never want to experience that kind of pain again!" and "oh my gosh, she is real!" and "her toes look like monkey toes" and "oh my gosh she has red hair!" There were a LOT of thoughts right then. I also felt weird because I was now officially a parent for time and all eternity! 
  • How has being a parent changed you?
    • I now worry a LOT more about things being on the floor, and other safety issues. I get to love someone from the very beginning. I get to experience the greatest joy of my life. I spend a lot more money. I am more stressed. I have less time to sleep. I feel loved and needed a lot more. I feel more connected to my husband (I didn't know that was possible.) 
  • What are your dreams for your children?
    • I want them to have good values and have a dedication to service to the Lord. I want them to have happiness greater than mine. I want them to feel success. I want them to make friends. I want them to laugh a lot. I want them to be proactive thinkers. I want them to find an eternal companion. I want them to have children. I want them to feel the sun. I want them to walk on the beach. I want them to have good memories. I want them to become best friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment