Saturday, November 14, 2015

4 Things and 17 Weeks



1. This past week I have needed to pee so often. With my previous pregnancies this didn't happen until my third trimester. But MAN. Tonight it's been every half hour. At least I'm hydrated!

2. Next week marks half way done (based on Madeline and Faye's gestation)! Soon, I will be on bed rest and starting my progesterone shots *eeek*.

3. I got a delicious Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks last week when we bought Madeline clothes. So. Good. Please do yourself a favor and get one!

4. My sister got a tumor removed from her breast a couple days ago. I am hopeful it is benign. We will know for sure next week when the results come back. They didn't bother to do a biopsy beforehand since it was already golf ball-sized. So, just a reminder to everyone-- DO REGULAR BREAST EXAMS. Even you fellas. Melanie caught this tumor because she was doing her regular self-exam. Get used to how your breasts feel usually and then you will be able to spot if something doesn't feel normal.
Breast Self-Exam Patterns. Just follow the patterns and feel for lumps/hard spots monthly. 
AND, here's this week's grateful list.
Monday:
  • My husband's job.
  • My children's health...they only ever get colds once in a while.
  • Our car! (We just cleaned it out :D) 
Tuesday:
  • The prophets and apostles. When I start to lose my cool I remember words spoken by wise men.
  • Loving parents that raised me as best they knew how. I think I turned out pretty alright. 
  • Hot chocolate and fuzzy socks on cold days.
Wednesday:
  • Fuzzy blankets.
  • My past goals/decisions which have helped me to grow into the person I am.
  • Nail polish and nail clippers so I can feel pretty. 
Thursday:
  • Great conversations with people around me--especially conversations that help me understand other people better and where I feel like I can laugh all the time. 
  • Nap time. I need a nap. The kids need a nap. Naps are good for this house.
  • Photographs of my family from the past and present. I love how easy it is these days to catch special moments on film and how easy it is to get them on canvas or prints. 
Friday:
  • Lysol Disinfectant Spray.
  • Candy Cane Kisses.
  • Baby Snuggles.
Saturday:
  • Vacuum cleaners.
  • Deodorant. (Can I get an amen for that one?!)
  • Any time my mom calls. 
AND my pregnancy update:
How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pound loss (not complaining since I wanted to lose 20 pounds anyways)
Sleep: This pregnancy, unlike my previous ones, my back has been hurting so much! I'm not half way yet and it's so uncomfortable when I try to sleep.  
Best moment this week: My in-laws are visiting and it's nice to have them here.  
Food cravings: Ice cream, steak.
Anything making you queasy or sick: My husband's new deodorant. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes!   
Kind of a wonky side picture, but here is the 17 week bump. 

Leakage: Noooo.
Gender prediction: Boy? 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: MOODY!
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep when the kids are down for a nap. 
Milestones: Nothing this week.   
Maternity clothes? Still wearing some from my last pregnancy...so comfortable and cute. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes! Everyone is excited. 
Movement: Big kicks every now and then. 
Labor Signs: Noooo. Wayyy too early!
Belly Button in or out? In.

No comments:

Post a Comment