Sunday, November 8, 2015

Did You Make Forts as a Kid?

1. It rained and rained on Tuesday so we made a fort. Can't beat that. Madeline enjoyed it more than Faye. Faye's too cool. She would rather eat chips. :)

2. I have already started listening to Christmas music. I love this time of year. Absolutely. It warms my heart. Don't be a hater. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

3. I made this 24 Days of Service calendar for my family to focus on during the month of December. I am excited to make it a tradition.

4. Madeline had a make-believe dinosaur named Sabrina at lunch today.

5. I love this picture.


My Grateful List this last week.

Sunday:
  • Dinner with friends.
  • Being invited to do things even though sometimes we can't participate/go. The thought touches my heart. I feel important when people extend invitations. 
  • Good massages. 
Monday:
  • When my sweet husband runs errands for me.
  • The smell of fall and rain.
  • People with musical talents.
Tuesday: 
  • Breakfast in the morning with my children and a clean house.
  • Christmas music (any time of the year...but not the crappy pop kind...the real stuff by Amy Grant and the like).
  • How Madeline builds things out of random objects. Yesterday it was a dragon made from a computer mouse, chapstick, mascara, a brush, and a couple other things. She is just so creative.
Wednesday:
  • Friends that will babysit in an instant when needed.
  • Hot food fresh from the oven/stove.
  • The smell of mulled cider.
Thursday:
  • Modern medicine and technology. So many people are given the chance of not only a better life, but a life at all. I use my Inhaler often enough to know I would have died as a pioneer.
  • Surprise packages from people who love me.
  • The perfect outfit. The one I know I look good in so I carry myself more confidently.
Friday: 
  • My testimony that is engraved on my heart and soul. It is woven into every particle of who I am.
  • The fact that my husband and I are a team and that we have the same values/morals which guide us to make choices and life decisions whilst on the same page.
  • Ponytails and messy buns because...darn it...I don't always do my hair. :) 
Saturday:
  • Sweet treats like banana muffins or brownies.
  • When people sit next to me in church even though sometimes it takes me a little time to start up a conversation.
  • Pedicures. I haven't gotten one in a while, but I feel so darn cute and put-together when I do get them done.
Sunday:
  • My sweet puppy dog Sampson. 
  • Mascara and Lip stain,
  • My old journals that I can look back on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment