Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Fun!

Dear Friends,

This is the second to last week of classes for this semester! Woo! How many more to go? I have only ten more classes that I need to take. It is great. It will take me a year and a half to complete them all, though one of them is my student teaching which is ten credits in itself.

I have to take three Math Diagnostic tests to prove to the administration that I am worth not having to apply for my major. I feel like I should be grandfathered in since I've been in the program since 2008, but it's a new standard this year where anyone who wants the ECSE degree has to apply to get into the program. If I don't prove myself with these tests I have to apply to the program. But, I have passed two of three. I've been studying my butt off. Here's another quirk: If I do not pass I have to take another college algebra class. Goodness. I chose this major so I wouldn't have to deal with math anymore. Oh well. It is what it is. Plus I feel awesome about myself after working so hard to pass the first two. Hard work really does pay off.

Maddy is so funny. She gets so cranky when she is tired and that is how I know it is nap time. She sleeps in her crib really awesomely. We put her in to go to sleep and she fusses for about five to ten minutes and then she falls asleep. Today after her morning nap she was just hanging out in her crib looking at all the shadows on the walls and the different contrasts in her blanket. When I went in to get her, her cute little foot was chillin' out on the crib bumper up in the air. She was having a nice relaxing time.

I haven't written about the 4th of July yet. But we had a really wonderful day, despite the fact that it fell on a day in the middle of the week. Anna came up to spend time with us. We set her up on a blind date with Racheal and Jacob's cousin Jason. He is such a sweetheart. He might be a little too sweet for Anna. I mean, I just think she wants a guy that will give her some competition. She is competitive by nature. Anyhoo, they went on a lunch date and had a nice time. I hope it turns into something. They both think each other are attractive, but love doesn't exist solely on attraction. After lunch they joined George and Brian on a ride down the river using inner tubes. They seemed like they had a good time...especially when they all came home to my bedroom while I was sleeping and decided to stay there and chat about their good time... I thought it was more funny than rude, but I wouldn't make it a habit of going into married couple's bedrooms unannounced...While they were being adventurous single folk, Marcus and I stayed in Rexburg and went to the parade with Madeline. She liked getting out and about in her stroller. She especially liked meeting new friends, Stephanie and Bryce Tarnaski. They were some old friend of our from our last ward. They are pretty awesome and I haven't seen them since before Maddy was born. She is such a little social bug; always taking to new people. Plus she loves being held and talked to. While we were at the parade we walked around the park where there were a bunch of booths that vendors had set up. I walked up to this old man who had several STUNNING pressed flowers situated in various designs in gorgeous frames. They were expensive though. I tried convincing Marcus to get me one, but I failed. He told me he would rather buy me a flower press so I could do several by myself. I wonder if I asked for one if he would get it for me... He said he would rather, right? haha.

We met up with everyone (George, Brian, Anna, Jason, and our friend Spencer) at around 6pm to have a barbeque at the park. It was such a lovely evening. I made my mamma's Potato Salad, and We got some meat that took forever to cook on the park grill. It was delicious. Anna made this jello salad which was a bit of a flop since there wasn't really enough time to let it sit, but it still had good flavor. The men brought chips, and Spencer made Slutty Brownies. I did not partake, though I regret it now. I was just not in the sugary mood at all. I really only had a sugar tooth while I was pregnant. Anna left early to go back to Provo.

The rest of us headed over to the brother's apartment to watch a movie in their lounge. We decided on the movie Man on a Ledge. It was pretty suspenseful. During this time Maddy was falling asleep on Papa. It was the first time that she didn't want me when she went to sleep. I was a little jealous, but it was so adorable to see her cuddling with Marcus. I think she may be a Daddy's girl. Aww.

Marcus went down the slide with Maddy. 
 We had a great day and fun with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are cute. I am glad you had a happy Fourth!

    And Jason is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete