Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love Story Contest

In February I entered into a Love Story Contest wherein I had to get the most "likes" to win. I was so close! Six away from winning a free couples photo shoot and prints. Anyways, here is the story I wrote:

Picture a very tall, dark blond, handsome, young man with perfect teeth, broad shoulders, and green eyes. Picture a tall, dark blond, "gorgeous hot babe" (in his words) with "a slender figure, voluptuous hips, and a sexy swagger." The man is Marcus, and the woman is me, Christiana. 
We met when my friend Sabrina introduced him into my Iteam for Get Connected (a new student orientation for the college). I was his new student leader. He was cute from the start, but there were a few other cute guys in the group too. We soon made it into each other's social circles when we found out we were in the same ward fr church.

One night my friend and I went over to Marcus' apartment to flirt with the guys and to play some games. Only Marcus and one other roommate were home, so we all played cards together. Then my friend and his roommate had to go, so Marcus and I were left in the living room to talk about whatever. We started talking about our dream home. It was weird, but I started picturing the home that he and I were talking about as "his and mine; ours together." That is when I knew I had to date him. From that moment on, I made it a point to be around all the time, in a not-so-clingy-I'm-free-and-independent-but super-interested-so-ask-me-out-now kind of way. His roommates were my friends, too, so they let me know where to be, and they arranged several "chance" meetings between Marcus and I. Eventually he caught on. 

The day my sugar pie and I became boyfriend-girlfriend I got home to my apartment and told all of my roommates the that following week my boyfriend and I would hold hands, and the week after that we would kiss, and the week after that we would get engaged. 


Three weeks later we had "the talk." You know, the "you're my soul mate, love for eternity, lovey-dovey, kiss-kiss" talk. He had gotten the impression to ask my hand in marriage. At this time we were at the crossroads for lunch with our friends. He came strutting in wearing his Sunday best in a red tie and khakis. He had this light in his eyes, and this extra kick in his step. I could tell he was happy, but not why. After all our friends left Marcus told me he had some exciting news. He was so happy and so nervous that it took him about a minute to say "I asked God if I should marry you, and the answer was yes!" I had already gotten the impression I was going to marry him about a week earlier, so it wasn't a surprise to me to hear this. I smiled and continued eating, not realizing that I was supposed to be in shock. He looked at me like "aren't you excited? Are we getting married?" I saw the concern on his face and took his hand and said, "we're getting married! I'm so excited and happy!" That was what he had been waiting for. The real proposal came about a month later in July. We were married December 21, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA. We now have a beautiful and sassy almost-one-year-old daughter, Madeline whom we adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment